Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it since 2012 and have backed more than 90 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $700 million in capital invested into over $3.5 billion of real estate nationwide. We were named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role:
RM Communities is seeking an exceptional and experienced Senior Associate – Due Diligence to help grow our General Partner (“GP”) direct acquisitions business. Your role will be to run the due diligence and closing process for multifamily acquisitions once deals are under contract. Your impact will be immediate and critical to successfully scaling RM Communities as a best in class owner-operator for multifamily assets.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
While we are located in Los Angeles, this role is remote.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with each transaction
- Be the focal point of the due diligence process including gathering and analyzing due diligence materials and coordinating third party reports. This includes verifying property details, market analyses, title/survey, rent comps, as well as completing property inspections, unit walks, lease file audits, and maintenance audits
- Lead pre-due diligence meetings, plan travel, and coordinate onsite due diligence efforts among various internal and external partners.
- In conjunction with the asset management team, create and review capital budgets and business plans and coordinate with third party managers and other sources to help fully define and vet investment opportunities.
- Prepare and submit loan packages to lenders and evaluate term sheets to identify optimal debt strategies
- Work with insurance brokers to source optimal insurance coverage
- Communicate results of due diligence investigation to senior management and work with acquisition underwriters to make adjustments to the proforma when necessary
- Coordinate closing of each transaction including calculation of prorations, approval of closing statement, execution of closing documents, timely funding of debt and equity, and transition to asset management
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in private equity real estate underwriting and processing commercial real estate transactions
- Substantial experience analyzing investments and exerting judgement
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel including the ability to understand and interpret complex financials models and waterfalls
- Professionally persistent and have grace and composure under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where iteration is the norm
- Experience with multiple commercial real estate asset classes a plus
- Ability to travel for periods of 3-5 days at a time and possibly multiple weeks in a row.