If you’re looking for an average internship, then look elsewhere. If you want to gain unbeatable experience at a modern, dynamic, and fast-paced public relations firm with a diverse array of interesting clients, then Red Banyan is just the place for you. For us, it’s not really “work” to wake up every day excited about what lies ahead. We truly love what we do and it shows.
Red Banyan is currently looking for a motivated student intern for Summer 2021 who is a passionate team player with a strong communications and public relations skill set, and the creativity and enthusiasm that we bring to every single one of our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Identify media opportunities and events of interest
- Support media relations by researching reporters and outlets and building press lists
- Help create a variety of content including news releases and pitch letters, op-eds, feature articles, and blogs
- Participate in brainstorming efforts to uncover new and interesting ways to secure media coverage and add value to clients
- Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree; junior or senior status preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-reliant, experienced problem solver, results-oriented
- Project management experience and skills
- Solid understanding of social media
- Hunger to learn about PR and a readiness to rise to any challenge
If this sounds like a good fit for you — please provide:
- Your cover letter and resume
- At least two relevant writing samples (news article, feature, or blog post over academic writing preferred)
The internship is remote. We’re flexible on start date and part-time versus full time. Please specify in your cover letter your availability and anticipated start date.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
About Red Banyan
Red Banyan is a specialized communications firm and crisis management firm focused on solving complex, highly sensitive and mission-critical communications challenges. Specializing in crisis communications, corporate public relations, government relations, and legal-pr firm Red Banyan provides an integrated approach to communications rooted in strategy. Learn more at http://www.redbanyan.com, become a fan on the Red Banyan Facebook page and follow the firm on Twitter and LinkedIn.