The Cruise Intern would learn all about the cruise industry, from oceangoing mega-ships and boutique yachts to river cruises and expedition itineraries. Assignments will range from news-gathering to fact-checking to writing to editing. You’ll be tasked to look for news about cruise lines, cruise ships, the oceans and rivers they sail and the destinations they visit. Additionally, you may be tapped to work with the rest of the team on long-term projects or special reports. The ideal candidate has been on a cruise at least once and has a love of exploring the world from the deck of a ship. You must have an excellent handle on world geography. In this role, you’ll create compelling website content for our globally recognized brand. You’ll be involved in strategy from start to finish, collaborating across teams to optimize your work for massive audiences. In addition to proving exceptional writing skills, you’ll be challenged to produce a large volume of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT’S THE ROLE:
- Possibility of reporting and publishing daily news stories, keeping our readers updated on the latest cruise news.
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with trends.
- Come up with ideas and help create stories, videos, social posts, quizzes and interactives.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Be engaged on data for our editorial coverage and use it to make informed decisions about coverage
- Current junior in college (Graduating December 2021 or May 2022).
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Knowledgeable of major airlines, airports and related travel providers.
- Understanding of airline points, miles and loyalty programs.
- Somebody who is culturally aware and curious.
Sound like you? Apply now!
ABOUT THE POINTS GUY:
The Points Guy (TPG) is a trusted travel and lifestyle media platform that focuses on maximizing travel experiences while minimizing spending. Through an informative, clear point of view, TPG has become the leading online resource for all things points, miles and resourceful travel experiences. The site’s editorial content consists of first-hand flight, hotel and airplane reviews, curated travel guides, immersive video components, as well as global event activations. Since its launch in 2010, Founder and CEO Brian Kelly has expanded the team to include a distinguished editorial staff and extensive network of freelancer contacts from around the globe. Today, TPG reaches 10 million unique monthly visitors and more than 2.3 million followers across social media platforms.