Coldwell Banker Tulsa is seeking students who are eager to learn, self-motivated and comfortable working independently. This internship will make an impact! You will support and assist with real-life projects for departments within the Controller’s Organization, including Corporate Accounting, Property Accounting, Margin Accounting, Accounting Research and Financial Reporting. These projects are designed to enhance your communication and teamwork skills, as you will be collaborating with individuals across many functions in our organization. You will work alongside professionals in your field, gaining in-depth knowledge about the energy industry and your chosen field of expertise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform assigned duties in a professional manner to facilitate the objectives and goals of the Company and to enhance the image of the Controller’s Organization.
- Provide support to other departments as scheduled by the Finance/Accounting Manager or other management staff.
- Prepare reports for other areas of the Controller’s Organization. Ensure that information is accurate and presented in a useful and understandable manner. Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Assist with journal entries, account reconciliations, reports and accounting close.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Compile and analyze data and document project progress or outcome.
- Validate and distribute financial information as requested.
- Accurately and timely respond to inquiries.
- Keep project lead informed on the status of work.
- Present ideas for improving efficiency of duties.
- Support and assist the Finance/Accounting Manager and other staff in meeting deadlines and goals.
- Basic knowledge of business and accounting procedures and methods.
- Basic knowledge of automated accounting and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to perform accounting duties of basic to average difficulty.
- Ability to collect, analyze, model and interpret information to evaluate accuracy of expected results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.