refine+focus has empowered and transformed more than 100 interns over 15 years for careers at companies like ours, Facebook, Google, McKinsey, Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, Domino’s corporate, and community organizations that are making a positive impact on the world.
What’s the opportunity?
Join refine+focus as a consulting intern to solve problems, design insightful questions, and support our innovation process for clients ranging from mid-size public companies and Fortune 500 brands to venture backed startups and world-class startups.
What’s the work?
The work varies depending on the clients and their needs. You’ll need to know how to prioritize tasks, ask the right questions, and learn how to solve problems with logic and insight. During the school year, we expect at least 10 hrs a week of availability. Here is a list of tasks our consulting interns have contributed to recently:
- Analyze market trends and market size
- Help identify leading executives and companies to support business development and recruiting efforts
- Prepare a competitive analysis for brands and for a country
- Support social media, newsletter and thought leadership content creation
- Design and develop the strategy for a webinar
- Enrich an industry presentations with research and flow
- Lead a training session on Gen Z trends
- Provide research to support a go-to-market strategy and identify case examples
What’s the learning?
- Each member of our team will also take part in “co-learning,” a weekly conversation about business strategy, innovation and trends. We learn together and invite leaders to learn with us. We create content, and we strengthen our understanding of fundamental business and life learning skills.
- Co-learning is also our Slack channel where our team shares their insights during the week. This process brings us closer together, while keeping everyone on the cutting edge of the industry.
- We also provide career development skill building and opportunities to find jobs and to gain greater life and career clarity.
Are you one of us?
- We’re a diverse community. Our interns come from small & big towns in America, India and China; Latin America, Russia, or right next door to us in Boston; we treasure diverse points of view.
- Bring your A-game and your values. We like our intern consultants to have outstanding analytical and writing skills. We also value passions and creative interests: whether you are a dancer, a writer, a chess player, a foodie, a sports fan, share what makes you happy with our community.
- Are you very curious? We want interns to share what they want to learn and to use co-learning as an opportunity to pursue professional passions.
- We are a respectful community. We support one another, and we build career-long relationships.
Think you’re ready?
- Check us out on LinkedIn to see what we’re sharing: https://www.linkedin.com/company/refine-focus/
- Listen to one of our recent conversation featuring our interns: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6779890488490119168
- Apply: Send resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, answer the question: if you had an independent study where you could pursue any topic, what topic would it be–and why?
- We are very selective and seek people who are best fit for our culture.
Please don’t send us a generic, “copy and paste” cover letter.
Let’s change the world together.