About Our Position
· Contribute to defining and solving challenging business growth problems
· Assemble proposals and ensure they are concisely written and grammatically correct
· Schedule and join calls, take notes, and manage action items to completion
· Support event logistics including setting up Eventbrite
· Provide basic updates to our social media channels
· Conduct specific internet research requests and put together concise memos with insights
· Deliver and manage tasks conducted by interns and writing fellows
· Conduct light project management between internal and external tasks
· Assist in communication and outreach of new prospects
Our Ideal Candidate
· Must be able to write well—clear, concise, and direct business writing
· Works swiftly and self-reliantly: knows how to find answers to problems independently
· Legendary follow-through. You are tenacious, and we don’t need to remind you.
· Excellent listener and note-taker: pays attention and captures the essence
· Has a great grasp of social media’s most popular channels: how to post and what to say
· An enthusiasm for a job well done: whether small jobs like assembling a care package, or big jobs like learning about a new strategy
· Demonstrates a love of learning about new businesses, industries, skills, cultures, and people
· Enjoys working on a variety of new, challenging, and frequently changing projects and has systems and practice managing heavy work loads
· Is passionate about executing tasks
· Has an interest in learning about CX and business strategy; eager to attend events and learn
· Conducts yourself in a professional manner, while contributing to our positive, inclusive work environment
When you apply, make sure to review our blog post and reference one in your cover letter. We want to know what we’re doing that interests you.
About Our Company
refine+focus is a leading marketing innovation and growth consultancy trusted by Fortune 500 companies, international nonprofits, and fast-growing startups alike. Our work is grounded in developing human-centric and innovative growth solutions for businesses and leaders.
We pride ourselves on our culture that allows focused, curious, and dedicated professionals to thrive by engaging in exciting work that improve lives. In our 16+ years, we’ve mentored and grown talented people and watched as they lead innovative and strategic marketing programs. Everyone who works us is collaborative, problem-solving in nature, and comfortable in complex and dynamic environments. As a result, they receive unsurpassed opportunities to contribute to critical decisions that matter to business and society.
To better understand us, see our blog and social media. Also learn more about our signature programs: Curiouser, dedicated to innovation and relationship building, and the Empowered Women Series, which is a space to answer professional women’s pressing questions and advance female leadership.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. If the opportunity and description below is a fit, we would love to hear from you and start a conversation.