LOCATION OPEN TO ANYWHERE ON EAST COAST – U.S.
The Pre-Sale Specialist I is responsible for supporting the sales organization in developing and delivering timely and accurate new business financial quotes, as well as related proposal materials for small to mid-size cases.
- Performs assigned tasks related to all aspects of pre-sale and new business quoting.
- Rates and proposes all assigned “request for proposals” (RFP’s) to include but not limited to life, disability, voluntary, dental, and vision RFP’s.
- Conducts all final rating and takes to sold in the system for all lines of coverage.
- Processes enrollment forms, highlight sheets, rate grids for voluntary business and customer changes as required
- Processes “Decline to Quotes” (DTQ’s) and “Clear to Quotes” (CTQ’s) requests from other regions.
- As necessary, set-up of new RFP’s and tracking.
- Provides back-up coverage for other sales support individuals when need arises due to extended absences, turnover, and general workload balancing.
General Office Responsibilities
- Answers incoming calls on the general office line.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail for the office.
- Orders office supplies.
- As necessary, assists in coordinating large copy/print jobs.
- Develops and maintains cooperative partnerships with Administrative Office Departments and works closely to ensure effective communication with Regional Sales Staff, brokers, and home (administrative) office counterparts.
- Interacts with third party vendors off and on shore as appropriate.
- Participates in basic conversations with Underwriting to relay rating and RFP information.
- Communicates with sales representatives and counterparts with regard to workloads and prioritization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Related Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a fast- passed, high volume and deadline oriented environment
- Ability to develop proficiency regarding required RSL products, systems and processes related to the effective delivery of new business proposals
- Knowledge of core MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- A deadline/results orientation and extraordinary attention to detail
- Basic math skills
- Basic customer service experience
- Verbal and written communication skills
Reliance Standard Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal state or local laws.