The Pre-Sale Specialist I is responsible for supporting the sales organization in developing and delivering timely and accurate new business financial quotes, as well as related proposal materials for small to mid-size cases.
- Perform assigned tasks related to all aspects of pre-sale and new business quoting.
- Rate and propose all assigned “request for proposals” (RFP’s) to include but not limited to life, disability, voluntary, dental, and vision RFP’s.
- Conduct all final rating and take to sold in the system for all lines of coverage.
- Process enrollment forms, highlight sheets, rate grids for voluntary business and customer changes as required
- Process “Decline to Quotes” (DTQ’s) and “Clear to Quotes” (CTQ’s) requests from other regions.
- As necessary, set-up new RFP’s and tracking.
- Provide back-up coverage for other sales support individuals when need arises due to extended absences, turnover and general workload balancing.
General Office Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls on the general office line.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail for the office.
- Order office supplies.
- As necessary, assist in coordinating large copy/print jobs.
- Develop and maintain cooperative partnerships with Administrative Office Departments and work closely to ensure effective communication with Regional Sales Staff, brokers and home (administrative) office counterparts.
- Interact with third party vendors off and on shore as appropriate.
- Participate in basic conversations with Underwriting to relay rating and RFP information.
- Communicate with sales representatives and counterparts with regard to workloads and prioritization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Related Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a fast- passed, high volume and deadline oriented environment
- Ability to develop proficiency regarding required RSL products, systems and processes related to the effective delivery of new business proposals
- Knowledge of core MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- A deadline/results orientation and extraordinary attention to detail
- Basic math skills
- Basic customer service experience
- Verbal and written communication skills