Academic Credit: Offered upon the school department’s approval
About the role
This role will involve working on some combination of the below. Please make sure to visit our website prior to applying!
- Using WordPress to keep our website updated on a daily basis;
- Creating and updating web pages;
- Incorporating website design changes as needed;
- Running a CRM (EveryAction), designing emails, segmenting audiences;
- Injecting CRM forms into our website to collect signups;
- Create and manage Zoom webinars for live events;
- Domain knowledge;
- Google Analytics knowledge;
- Google Search Console knowledge;
- HTML, CSS, or any other relevant coding experience.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- Exceptional undergraduates, graduate students, and recent grads are encouraged to apply;
- Detail-oriented to a fault;
- Deep belief in RDI’s mission and values;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Open-minded and willing to interact with a broad range of often-conflicting political points of view;
- Social, articulate, and a self-starter unafraid to take initiative;
- Experience with Google Suite (especially Google Sheets), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools (especially EveryAction), Zoom, and other development databases strongly preferred;
- Experience in the fundraising and development space is a plus.
Logistics & Benefits
- An ability to work remotely due to the current crisis and, if/when it’s safe to return to the office, an opportunity to work at an exciting start-up with unlimited snacks, coffee, and other perks;
- Our internships last 3-6 months. Interns can either work full time (40 hours/week) or part time (25+ hours/week); but can be flexible depending on applicant’s circumstance;
- Hours are flexible and we are willing to work around your academic schedule;
- An opportunity to work closely with senior organizational leadership, including the Executive Director, as well as access to members of the Board of Directors, and other individuals from RDI’s extended network;
- This is an unpaid internship;
- A typical day could include spending a few hours updating the website and doing various CRM related tasks; posting updates to the website; building web pages; participating in a lunch-and-learn with a prominent political figure, a world champion poker player, or a business leader; and coordinating with the Newsletter and Event teams to put together digital content
We are recruiting on a rolling basis. Please send a resume, brief cover letter covering relevant experience and interest in the role, and either a portfolio or examples of your web development and management experience to email@example.com. Please also indicate your desired hours per week and start date in your cover letter. Only complete applications will be reviewed.