Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
About the role
This role will involve working on some combination of the following responsibilities. Please be sure to review our website and social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Youtube) prior to applying!
- Designing RDI collateral for the website, social media, and events
- Sharpening and editing photos
- Creating templates for our social media graphics
- Ensuring that RDI content (such as our newsletter) is designed in the best possible way to grab and maintain the reader’s attention
- Maintaining and building upon our brand
- Using WordPress and Elementor to keep our website updated on a daily basis
- Creating and updating web pages, and incorporating front-end and back-end design changes as needed
Qualifications of an ideal candidate
- Exceptional undergraduates, graduate students, recent grads, or those with relevant work experience are encouraged to apply
- Strong Familiarity with graphic design, and relevant programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Canva
- Uniquely detail-oriented
- Strong belief in RDI’s mission and values
- Excellent communication skills
- Open-minded and willing to interact with a broad range of often-conflicting political points of view
- Social, articulate, and a self-starter unafraid to take initiative with minimal oversight
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and other website coding formats is a significant plus
Logistics & Benefits
- This is an unpaid, volunteer internship
- Academic Credit is offered upon school or departmental approval
- This internship lasts 4 months, concurrent with the Fall academic semester, and interns can choose to work either full time (40 hours/week) or part time (25+ hours/week)
- Hours are flexible and we are willing to work around your academic schedule
- An opportunity to work closely with senior organizational leadership, including the Executive Director, as well as access to members of the Board of Directors, and other individuals from RDI’s extended network
- A typical day could include spending a few hours posting updates to the website and building web pages; creating banner photos and incorporating new designs to promote RDI events; participating in a lunch-and-learn with a prominent political figure, a world champion poker player, or a global business leader; and coordinating with the Newsletter and Event teams to put together digital content
We are recruiting on a rolling basis. Please send a resume, brief cover letter covering relevant experience and interest in the role, and either a portfolio or examples of your web development / management experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also indicate your desired hours per week and start date in your cover letter. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
The Renew Democracy Initiative is an equal-opportunity employer.