Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, Inc. (“RLC”) is a non-profit food rescue organization based in New York City that delivers excess food from food businesses and corporations to local human service agencies such as homeless shelters and soup kitchens to feed the hungry. We have thus far delivered over 5.5 million pounds of food with the lowest cost per delivery in the industry. Our business model is centered around four stages: (1) proactively seek out businesses with leftover food for partnerships, (2) deliver excess, wholesome food directly to local agencies, (3) use our expertise in food rescue to consult each partner different ways to reduce food waste, (4) partners successfully graduate from the RLC food rescue program with reduced food cost and food waste.
The Partner Outreach Intern will learn to develop new relationships with restaurants and other food providers in New York City. They will be solely responsible for their own successes, so we will only consider those who are professional and serious about creating real business relationships.
- Take charge of sales process from beginning to finish, including prospect research, visitation, pitching, and closing deal
- Initiate and pitch to managers of restaurants for potential partnership
- Manage tracking database of partners contacted on a weekly basis
- Coordinate with volunteers to develop food delivery routes
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-starter; ability to initiate and work independently
- Persistent, tactful, outgoing, and persuasive
- Ability to interact professionally with potential partners in person, via phone, and email
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Previous experience canvassing is a plus
RLC interns have the chance to work closely with the founders and have the opportunity to make true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. This is a part-time, unpaid internship. Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week from September to December (tentative exact start and end dates). May lead to full-time position.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a resume. Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted in mid – late November 2020.