The Research!America alliance advocates for science, discovery, and innovation to achieve better health for all. We advocate for a federal policy climate that helps empower our nation’s biomedical and health research sectors as they work to accelerate medical progress. For more information about Research!America, visit www.researchamerica.org.
Research!America is offering a paid, temporary Science Communications internship with some telework opportunity possible. Interns assist the organization in advancing its mission and objectives. Internships are typically three month full-time appointments (start and end dates are flexible). Research!America staff are currently working remotely with plans to begin to reopen our Arlington, Virginia office in September 2021.
- Assist with basic website content updates
- Assist with content for blog posts, web and social media accounts
- Assist with preparations for speaking engagements
- Write, proofread, fact-check, and edit articles, press materials, and emails to Research!America members
- Contribute to reports and analysis of media coverage
- Contribute to the analysis of survey data
- Participate in communications strategy and program planning meetings
- Provide on-site support at Capitol Hill briefings, programs, and other events
- Other projects as assigned
Ideal candidates will have a strong academic background, excellent writing and editing skills, and an interest in medical and health research and related policy issues. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and Google Docs is required; experience with web content management systems, blog software, graphic design (Canva) and social media is strongly preferred.
Graduate students, PhD candidates, or post-doctoral researchers with science, health, communications, public policy, or related degree or degree program are preferred.
Research!America is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. Please submit all materials by Friday, July 30, 2021.
E-mail résumé (not CV), cover letter (including academic status and availability), three writing samples, and three references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you are available for remote work or are interested in joining us in-person two to three days a week in Arlington. No calls, please.