Do you want to be on the cutting edge of technology and make a difference?
Then consider joining our Cognitive Systems Engineering Team!
POSITION: Junior Cognitive Systems Engineer
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediate openings
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1-3
LEADER: William Elm
SALARY RANGE: Competitive and commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
CITIZENSHIP: Due to nature of the work performed within our facility, U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Resilient Cognitive Solutions has an immediate opening for a revolutionary problem solver. You have keen observation skills, can understand the technical and social environment, and create revolutionary tools to simplify decision making in mission-critical and business-critical situations. You will become a member of an elite team of passionate people who can see beyond the obvious to create and build revolutionary solutions for clients.
At RCS, our Cognitive Systems Engineer (CSE) Team builds revolutionary information systems that directly support decision making for the military and private sector. Our projects are executed by creating both the concept and detailed designs for these systems. Our CSE team first analyzes the work domain through cognitive work analysis to reveal functional insights, which then serves as the cornerstone for the project. By focusing on the design of human-machine systems, our CSEs ensure that the systems work for decision makers. Our CSEs also work close with our talented group of software developers, providing specifications of information, visualization, and functionality requirements as guidance for their system development efforts.
KEY WORDS: Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Computing, Cognitive Design, Cognitive Modeling/Analysis, Cognitive Psychology, Graphical User Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction/Interfaces, Human Factors Design, Task Analysis, Usability Testing, User Center Design, UI Design, UX Design
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will be performing cognitive task analysis efforts to provide critical analytical basis for subsequent design.
- You will be creating and prototyping innovative and useful GUI designs for these complex domains
- You will be performing iterative evaluations of system prototypes and operational evaluations of fielded decision support systems.
- You will be analyzing advanced visualizations for the underlying decision support being provided.
- You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team, under the supervision of Senior and Principal Cognitive Systems Engineers.
- You will be communicating directly with customers and subject matter experts.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You might be described as a goal driven nerd. You have broad interests in technical areas like engineering and math along with social sciences (Psychology). You are competitive by nature.
- You are someone with a combination of interests and education in technical and social disciplines such as General Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Psychology and related fields working towards a BA, BS, MS or PhD.
- You have some training in analyzing, designing, and evaluating Decision Support Systems, information visualizations, and graphical user interfaces is helpful.
- You have some knowledge /training in cognitive engineering and human-computer interaction, and knowledge of state-of-the-art research in these areas.
- You have excellent communication skills (oral, written).
- You can work and achieve goals in a group.
- You have excellent analytic, problem definition, and problem-solving skills, including analyzing a problem domain and to distilling core decision-making processes and challenges often from rich, semi-articulated problem domains; identifying and adapting applicable technologies found in academic and industrial research; creating/inventing innovative human-machine interface approaches and to translate them into successful decision-support solutions.
- You have some experience in creating interactive prototypes (e.g. Adobe Suites).
SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to attach your resume and current unofficial transcript to your email.
If you have a website showing your work, please include the link .
VISIT OUR INTERN WEBPAGE AND SEE WHAT PAST INTERNS ARE SAYING ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE AT RCS AND APPLY NOW AT:
ALSO MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN:
We hope to hear from you soon!
WHO IS RCS:
ABOUT: RCS is focused on helping executives and analysts make smarter, faster decisions within high-stakes, fast-paced environments. We do this by combining two forms of intelligence that do not easily mesh: Human Intelligence and Computer Intelligence. We work with best-in-class organizations from around the world and across multiple industries including defense, finance, healthcare, and energy.
LOCATION: RCS is in Pittsburgh, PA, near major universities (Carnegie Mellon and The University of Pittsburgh) and minutes away from a thriving city center. We have easy access to some of the best entertainment and sports venues in the country and Pittsburgh is ranked as one of the most livable and affordable cities. Once a thriving steel town, Pittsburgh is now known as an incubator of technology and medical innovation.
PEOPLE: Our people are passionate about changing the world! They know that their innovative solutions can save a person’s life, increase security, protect property, and better our communities. They help our clients improve their work-life by enabling them to make better, faster decisions.
CULTURE: We offer a culture that produces experts in an atmosphere where fun and hard work go together! We provide the fertile ground and freedom for personal and professional growth. We also believe in harnessing the power of group innovation and perspective. We encourage collaboration to help expand ideas and learning.
LEADERSHIP: RCS is a veteran-owned consultancy under the senior leadership of William Elm, a CSE Fellow and pioneer in the field. Our leadership team encourages excellence through clear expectations while providing the freedom for innovation. We challenge the status quo and develop our people and trade with passion. This is why we are leaders that can and do IMPROVE THE WORLD!
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO: RCS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A career with RCS means you will make a difference in the world by helping enterprises escape from decision-making complexity.