Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
The Digital Health Technology organization powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s Talk About the Team and You
The team is responsible for integrated care management solutions which creates a patient-centric, digital platform to delight our provider customers. The latest solution is built with Spring application framework built on JAVA platform using JSP/Angular for micro UI components. In our next exciting phase of this project, we’re looking to deploy the solution directly on AWS ECS, decouple the monolithic architecture in to micro-services, and leverage the native AWS services in this effort.
The ideal candidate has deep experience driving the delivery of technically complex customer facing products that involve usage of cloud technology and ability to work with cross-functional team. Successful candidates will be well organized technical leaders with a strong software development background who can work in micro service-oriented mindset. You are comfortable taking initiative and delivering in an unstructured environment.
Let’s Talk About Responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy customized web & mobile applications, web services, and enterprise solutions using various web development technologies and platforms.
- Build best-in-class, web and mobile based applications that are reliable and scalable.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience working in serverless architecture (AWS Lambda) or container-based architecture (Docker) is a must.
- Collaborate day to day with a small team of software developers.
- Assist with project estimation, planning, progress and bug tracking.
- Create task break down based on supplied user stories.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Write clear, well-commented, easy to understand code.
- Create and review design specifications.
- Write automated unit tests.
- Follow secure development guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in building, and maintaining complex software.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Let’s Talk Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or Computer Programming or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working in Java or equivalent: Java, Backend server technology including master-slave configuration, REST APIs, Android platform
- 3+ years’ experience in design and development of multi-tiered business applications.
- 3+ years’ experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and effectively manage tasks to achieve objectives.
- You are a motivated team player, but can also work effectively as an individual contributor.
- You enjoy learning and are committed to staying up to date with new and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of challenges associated with high availability, 24×7 applications and services.
- Experience working within an Agile software development process, particularly Scrum.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with Git.
- Experience with various message brokering architectures (pub/sub queues, request/response) and data streaming.
- Experience with NoSQL databases is an asset.
- Familiar with test driven development (TDD) is an asset.
- Familiar with CI/CD tools, Confluence, and JIRA, is an asset.
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms is an asset.
- An understanding of 12-factor applications and cloud-native principles is an asset.
- AI and Machine Learning experience is an asset.
- Experience with mobile application development is an asset.
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered.
Let’s talk about what you can expect:
- A supportive environment that focuses on people development and best practices.
- Opportunity to design, influence and be innovative.
- Work with global teams and share new ideas.
- Be supported both inside and outside of the work environment.
- The opportunity to build something meaningful and seeing a direct impact on people’s lives.
With a 30-year history of innovation as a global leader in health technology, at ResMed we know that good ideas can come from anywhere. Innovation and imagination aren’t just something we aspire to, they are integral to the way we work. We work hard to provide the opportunity for every employee to do amazing things every day as we shape the future together. Come play!