Who We Are
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The Senior Analyst on Resonance’s Impact Advisory team contributes to client engagements and provides critical project implementation support focused on our corporate clients, major foundations, and NGOs. They will work across the practice to lead on project management, research and analysis, support new business development, and manage client engagement on projects spanning technology, supply chains, healthcare, and other technical areas.
Candidates should have a deep passion for the intersection of global business and global development, and an interest to work on a team that is collaborative, smart, kind, and fun.
This is a full-time position based in Seattle, WA; Washington, DC; or Burlington, VT.
Project Management & Technical Assistance
· Provide strategic counsel to clients, ensuring that key projects and engagements are delivered on time and within scope
· Lead client engagement, development and execution of discrete projects, with support and oversight from Manager and/or Senior Manager on client account
· Support remote and field assessments, research/analysis, proposal/concept note writing and deliverable development for the client
· Build and facilitate meetings and workshops focused on building multi-stakeholder partnerships, or on new approaches to addressing business challenges in emerging markets
· Research and develop pipelines of potential partners that can extend and amplify our clients’ work, including donors, NGOs, development banks, impact investors, and peer companies
· Leverage experience in supply chain, finance and/or sustainable sourcing to provide technical inputs on client projects
· Contribute to partnership assessments for corporate sustainability clients in areas such as development finance, climate smart agriculture, SME and youth development, digital access and connectivity, sustainable sourcing, women’s empowerment, or related areas
· Maintain and track budgets and staff utilization
Business Development & Thought Leadership
· Contribute to growing relationships with existing client, identifying new areas of work, and supporting overall business growth
· Contribute to business development strategy and outreach, including developing pitches and presentations to new commercial clients
· Track and seek opportunities for our client to participate in large-scale, donor-led initiatives
· Seek opportunities to deepen our existing client relationships and footprints
· Draft blog posts, case studies, and articles that demonstrate and advance Resonance’s leadership in areas such as partnerships, private sector development, and corporate sustainability
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 years of demonstrated progressively responsible experience in corporate sustainability, finance, supply chain sustainability, management consulting, or global development
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sustainable business, or related field
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Ability to travel up to 30%, including trips of up to two weeks, often on short notice (post-COVID)
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- U.S. work authorization
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Master’s degree in business administration, international relations, or related field
- Experience developing, brokering, and running multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Experience working in emerging markets, with special preference for Latin America and/or Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience working in in development finance, climate smart agriculture, digital connectivity and access, SME and youth development, sustainable sourcing, women’s empowerment, or related areas
- Understanding of global development field and the role of various actors including donors, development banks, and impact investors
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to travel up to 30% internationally on short notice, when travel resumes post-COVID.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.