As part of the Technical Art, Rigging team, you will create rigs for characters and props. You will oversee tool creation and maintenance for all other art disciplines. Working closely with animation, modeling, and concept teams, you will uncover new ways to improve workflow and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality. As a support, you will be the carry behind the carry, helping hoist up art teams on the strength of your rigs and tools.
This opportunity will be remote for Summer 2021.
- Create advanced rigs for a variety of characters and assets using Maya and other internal tools
- Troubleshoot problems for animators and other artists to break through blockers and remove inefficiencies
- Refresh the performance of our rigs and animations by running them through your creative quality control process
- Proactively promote collaboration between art teams to level up content synergy and consistency
- Spread knowledge of the team’s processes and help teams expand their technical know-how
- Consistently give and take constructive feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Maya
- Experience in Unreal 4, including Blueprint
- Experience with rigs for characters and creatures of diverse shape and size (bipeds, quadrupeds, etc)
- Ability to demonstrate a rigs’ ability to pose in expressive, resonant way, with potential to exaggerate
General Portfolio Advice:
- Please limit application submission to 1 role. You will automatically be considered for similar roles based on your portfolio
- Online format is preferred (Artstation, personal websites, etc.)
- If you have private work that is under NDA, please include the password in your application. Otherwise, we recommend you do not password protect your portfolio
- Test that your Portfolio or reel is accessible. Please include access to your portfolio on your resume in addition to the application form in case the link breaks
- Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work
- Fan Art? Sure! It shows your versatility as it relates directly to our art style
- Depending on the role, immersing yourself in the game to get the feel, tone and look can go a long way for your portfolio
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 15th 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).