As a Senior Business Analyst, you will work as a member of our Technology team with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders to design efficient, thoughtful, data-driven approaches and toolsets to support analysis across the company. To do this you will use a wide variety of software platforms and databases to organize, recommend, and implement solutions to our business challenges.
- Location: Remote
- Position Information: Full-time
- Supervisory: No
- Vacancy: One Opening.
- Security Level: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants selected may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position.
The Senior Business Analyst position is ideally suited for a well-organized, detail-oriented individual who can meet strict deadlines while demonstrating the ability to operate with little supervision and in a team environment. A successful candidate will handle a wide range of tasks, demonstrates excellent stakeholder relationship skills and ability to develop and sustain long-term positive relationships. They will have a higher level understanding in conducting complex analysis, contributing to the design and implementation of databases, and the use of visualization tools to present new concepts and ideas. Additionally, they will demonstrate attention-to-detail, strong written communications skills, professionalism, and communicate clearly in all contact with stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Perform development of databases and creation of other data analysis tools
- Create and implement design plans including reviewing work for accuracy and functionality
- Produce spreadsheets, data visualizations, and PowerPoint briefings, and other documents
- Create and Update development documentation and SOPs to foster knowledge-sharing and consistency of processes
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technology developments
- Provides project management support as requested
- Perform other duties related to the core functions of the role
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years professional experience in roles with related duties
- Extensive knowledge of database management and analysis and use of data visualization tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Power BI
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills; demonstrated capacity for detailed organization and synthesis of abstract and disparate information.
Skills That Set You Apart
- Previous experience supporting requirements for data analysis and data visualization
- Ability to develop tools to aid with the analysis, visualization, and presentation of large data sets
What Makes a Successful Rippler?
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required to be successful in the role. Other duties may be assigned to help make our clients successful and achieve our company goals. We have designed the introductory period to convey company core values and clear expectations of your role.
- You pay attention to the details. Anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. So you stay organized, meet commitments and deadlines, work efficiently, and always check your work.
- You communicate clearly. You consider your audience and take care to get your points across professionally and concisely, both in writing and when speaking to others. You’re comfortable interacting with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders, and respect everyone’s perspective.
- You work independently. You know how to manage competing deadlines on multiple simultaneous projects and can adapt when you need to re-prioritize. When you’re stuck, you take initiative to find resources, and you’re comfortable asking for help when you need it.
- You’re eager to learn. You have a track record of learning new things, especially programs, technology, and processes. You embrace change, and if you can’t find a teacher, you teach yourself. Once you learn something new, you are excited to evaluate it and teach it to others.
Ripple Effect provides professional consulting services and exceptional talent to federal, private, and non-profit clients to support some of the most crucial policies and programs that shape our nation. Our multi-disciplinary team, across communications & outreach, research & evaluation, policy & program management, and strategic staffing domains, empowers us to build common sense, tailored solutions that make our clients successful, no matter their challenges. Ripple Effect is a diverse and inclusive environment, full of bright, insightful, and intentional people who value and reward adaptability, lifelong learning, and authenticity.
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.