Digital Marketing Fellow
Reporting to: Digital Communications Manager
Annual Salary: $60,000 (plus full-time benefits package)
Location: New York, NY (due to current COVID-19 status this position may begin remote)
As part of the Communications Team, the Digital Marketing Fellow will work across the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights and Kerry Kennedy social media channels, the organization’s website and SEO program, and suite of organizational newsletters. We’re looking for a self-starter who is well-versed in social media, an outstanding writer, and a passionate advocate for human rights. Working closely with the Digital Communications Manager, this role will have the opportunity to support digital content creation, cover live events, and collaborate with program leads to construct persuasive digital campaigns.
About the Communications Team:
The Communications department is the core team dedicated to the visibility of Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights and their work is key to the organization’s future success. The more people know about the great work we do, the larger the impact we can make as we serve our mission. The Communications team is focused on taking the organization to the next level, enhancing our reputation and increasing our visibility.
- Produce regular content for our branded Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram pages, and curate our YouTube channel.
- Coordinate monthly, weekly, and daily content calendars, capitalizing on key Robert Kennedy legacy anniversaries, and including programming, posting, writing, responding to breaking news, and engaging with followers.
- Create internal and external social media toolkits for communications campaigns, events, and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with our Digital Communications Manager and Project and Graphics Manager to design social media assets for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Track and analyze and regularly report on KPIs across all social channels.
- Assist our Projects and Graphics Manager with creating and distributing our suite of newsletters to our subscribers
- Keep tabs on social-driven conversations relating to our work.
- Flag industry best practices.
- Do your part in keeping our operations running smoothly – tracking your hours and submitting timecards in a timely manner.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations;
- Experience in diverse environments working with content that reflects equity as a core value is highly preferred;
- Experience and interest in human rights and communications;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Sprout, Adobe InDesign, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Airtable, and Mailchimp;
- Strong photography and editing skills;
- Ability to crunch numbers and utilize systems such as Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets;
- Passion for creative writing and strong verbal skills;
- Interest in Robert F. Kennedy, his role in history, and his lasting legacy;
- Self-starter who is proactive and eager to continue growing in the social sphere;
- Well-versed in all current and emerging social platforms;
- Keen attention to detail with ability, you’re able to scope out errors and proactively fix mistakes;
- Creative thinker capable of concepting and presenting new ideas;
- Time management, you have the ability to multitask across multiple social calendars and projects;
- Flexible, patient, and ability to stay gracious under pressure;
- Innovative thinking, a willingness to voice opinions, and a strong work ethic are essential;
- Teamwork, you are able to build positive relationships with your colleagues and are willing to help others;
- Inclusive, you’re excited to work with colleagues with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives from your own.
Preferred but not required qualifications:
- Experience working with videography and editing softwares such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, etc.
- Experience in running and executing social media advertising campaigns.
Availability and Compensation:
- This is a one-year full-time fellowship (37.5 hours per week) starting Fall 2021 until Fall 2022.
- This is a salaried position with an annual salary of $60,000 (gross) and eligibility for our full benefits package.
- The role may be eligible for extension or conversion to a permanent staff position depending on organizational needs & individual performance.
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Your Name + Digital Marketing Fellow” in the subject heading. For example: “Jane Doe + Digital Marketing Fellow”.
- In your cover letter please share why you’re interested in this position and working with RFK Human Rights.
Benefits and other Perks:
- We value your health: RFK Human Rights covers 100% of individual-only costs of our platinum medical, dental, vision benefits and subsidize the cost for dependent coverage;
- We understand the importance of financial planning and saving we provide:
- An automatic contribution of 7% of your salary after your first year of employment;
- A College Saveup/Loan PayDown program with an automatic $100/monthly contribution for any current loans or future loans;
- An automatic monthly cell phone & internet speed stipend of $125/monthly to offset any phone & internet expenses;
- We value your growth: RFK Human Rights provides an annual $2,000 professional development stipend to all full-time staff to use towards any courses, conferences, or trainings that would further one’s professional learning and development. As well professional development days/hours to complete these courses.
- Flexibility and independence to help manage your work and home life: Staff have the ability to work from home or telecommute.
- Employees receive a $1,000 benefits card each calendar year to use towards food and home & life purchases to help support work from home needs.
- We love to celebrate human rights advocates and our hard work! We do so by hosting award ceremonies, galas, summer outings, holiday parties, potlucks, domestic and international staff retreats, and spur-of-the-moment social outings.
No phone calls please. RFK Human Rights will contact qualified candidates directly.
You are welcomed here…
Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer and believes we are stronger and more effective by working internally and externally with people of all abilities, diverse backgrounds, and a range of perspectives, particularly those who have historically been marginalized or underrepresented. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We do not discriminate in our hiring practices and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seek a diverse applicant pool.