Digital Photo & Graphics Internship
Reporting to: Project & Graphics Manager
Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights seeks a Digital Photo & Graphics Intern to join our Communications Department and play a role in supporting our communications.
- Work directly with the Project & Graphics Manager in creating and updating designed assets for email, website, and social media.
- Assist in building out the organization’s new website by resizing, tagging, and uploading images across the pages.
- Help manage the RFK Human Rights online archive: this includes tagging existing photos and uploading new photo/video content as needed.
- Participate in team meetings, discussing communications strategy and implementation
- Aid the communications team in updating the website to reflect the most current information regarding upcoming events, advocacy initiatives, and staff profiles.
- Assist with other communication related tasks and activities as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Undergraduate student with experience and/or interest in art, graphic design, photography, and/or communications;
- Awareness and interest in current events and issues relating to human rights around the world;
- Demonstrated experience or basic proficiency in Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop;
- Working knowledge using platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate with vendors;
- Demonstrated research skills suitable for varied audiences;
- Attention to detail, you’re able to scope out errors and proactively fixes mistakes;
- Flexible, patient, and ability to stay gracious under pressure;
- Self-starter who is proactive and eager to continue growing in the design, or communications sphere;
- Teamwork, you are able to build positive relationships with your teammates and are willing to help others;
- Time management, you have the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once;
- Innovative thinking, willingness to voice your opinions, capable of developing and presenting new ideas;
- Inclusive, you’re excited to work with colleagues with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives from your own.
Preferred but not required qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience working with photo agencies such as Getty Images;
- Knowledge and experience working with photo credits and permissions.
Availability & Compensation:
- This part-time summer internship may commence as early as May 2021 and end by August 2021 with a commitment of approx. 10-15 hours per week.
- Interns will receive a $500 monthly stipend and any necessary commuting expenses will be covered.
You are welcome here…
Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer and believes we are stronger and more effective by working internally and externally with people of all abilities, diverse backgrounds, and a range of perspectives, particularly those who have historically been marginalized or underrepresented. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We do not discriminate in our hiring practices and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seek a diverse applicant pool.