Robot Academy has been teaching LEGO Robot Education for 15 years. We created an e-Learning version of our LEGO robot camp with the main purpose of giving technical kids something constructive and tangible online to focus on during this unsettling time (and to give their parents some peace and quiet). Germ free fun delivered via Zoom. Your role is to troubleshoot and offer encouragement via Zoom to a small group of students during activities (robot building and programming) with the support of instructional videos. Virtual Robot Geniuses teach LEGO Robot private lessons, and group lessons throughout the school year.
When applying for job, please list programming and robotics experience with Arduino, LEGO Mindstorms EV3 or NXT or similar experience . Robot Academy created an Arduino LEGO Robot used for half of the online camps and classes. It uses Scratch, Arduino C, and Python programming. Please specify experience in your cover letter and include an email. Thanks.
- Passion for teaching kids about science and technology
- Ability to explain somewhat complicated ideas about technology in a simple manner so that students can understand
- Ability to demonstrate/explain ideas to students using Lego pieces and programming code without accidentally overstepping and completing activities for the students
- Experience with Arduino, or Lego Mindstorms (NXT or EV3) preferred.
- Experience with programming language (Scratch, Block or Python) is required
- Own a laptop or computer with camera for Zoom calls is a requirement
- Experience with working with kids is a plus
- No need to come to office. This is a remote position.
Position Tasks & Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
Individual Mentoring of Students
- Help students to build with LEGO virtually. Find students who are ‘stuck’ on a camp activity and help them to get back on track. This may involve helping students to think ‘outside the box’, or it may simply involve re-explaining robotics concepts from the lecture so that students understand.
- Demonstrate possible design ideas to students (to stimulate their imaginations) using Lego pieces or EV3 programming code
Virtual Classroom Mentor via Zoom
- Robot Genius is a role model for the students who want to pursue a major that focuses on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- Robot Geniuses are expected to understand the material and to explain it to students who may not have understood the presentation
- Your role is to troubleshoot and offer encouragement to a small group of students on Zoom Webinar breakout sessions.
Robot Academy Role Model
- Represent Robot Academy in a positive and professional way to students and parents