Rock Health.org Content and Community Fellow:
The role of the Content and Community Fellow is to support the Rock Health.org CEO and Senior Manager of Events in the development and creation of Rock Health’s educational events.
Rock Health annually hosts over one thousand attendees at its innovative events, cultivating a vibrant digital health community and creating educational content and experiences. The Content and Community Fellow will support the Senior Manager of Events in the planning and development of content and digital copy for Rock Health’s annual flagship event, Rock Health Summit. This role will focus primarily on identifying key trends in the digital health industry, brainstorming relevant panels, workshops, and discussion ideas for Rock Health Summit, while helping to develop clever, timely, and pithy titles and descriptions to bring them to life. The Content and Community Fellow will also be supporting the events team in communications and social media while working closely with the Senior Manager of Events to build exciting sessions that drive community and learning.
Remote, with on-site support potentially needed for Rock Health Summit (Bay Area, September 2021)
- A planner; you are well-versed in the Google Suite and love tracking everything from attendee and speaker lists, to dates, timelines and other key details
- Adept at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines, and prioritizing your time to get things done while remaining zen when things get hectic
- A self-starter; you intuit what comes next and proactively tackle a project while thinking five steps ahead
- A digital health enthusiast; you are passionate about our community and stay up to date on the latest rounds of funding, new companies and founders on the block, and know a good speaker when you see one
- A skilled writer; you can communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including staff, speakers and vendors. You excel at writing professional emails, witty blog posts, and riveting event website and agenda content
- An avid learner; you care deeply about solving real problems in healthcare and are excited to get your hands dirty to do so
Content and Event Planning
- Assist with the content and session creation of Rock Health Summit’s agenda
- Work with the Rock Health.org team to refine content and develop engaging event sessions, including writing session goals, titles, descriptions, and content outlines.
- Keep a running and up-to-date list of potential speakers and moderators for sessions; facilitate planning calls and pre-event support as needed alongside events team
- Secure and organize marketing and content collateral from speakers including headshots, bios, etc. to post on website and include in e-blasts
- Generate social media to spread the word, and share updates with our community as they develop
- Help to create any event collateral including programs, slide decks and signage copy
- Support events team in ways to engage our community before, during and after the event. Whether in a Slack channel, LinkedIn group or something else!
On-Site Event Support (TBD)
- Participate in any pre-conference walkthroughs or calls with venue/vendors
- Help to oversee load-in and load-out
- Provide day-of support including setup, registration, and speaker management
Other duties as assigned.
Rock Health.org is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices. We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To Apply: please email a copy of your resume, cover letter, and a few sentences on what you know about Rock Health to email@example.com.
Compensation: This is an hourly position, with a rate of $20/hour.