Build Your Future with RMI!
Full consideration will be given to applications received by January 20th, 2021.
We will not start the application review process until January. Due to the large number of applications received, it may take 8 weeks from the time we start reviewing to receive a response. We are working diligently and appreciate your patience.
Internships are 11-12 weeks in duration with the option to start mid-May or mid-June 2021.
This position will be remote.
If you have issues submitting your application or uploading your documents, please email email@example.com.
Internship Program Description:
Rocky Mountain Institute offers an active, well-established internship program! Every summer our offices welcome a group of students to put their knowledge to work on various projects and energy related initiatives across the institute. We look for exceptional people with a variety of academic backgrounds from colleges and universities.
The internships are designed for students to become integrated into a team, giving them an opportunity to apply their education in the workplace. The goal of our internship program is to create a mutually positive experience for intern and manager that ideally could lead to a full time offer within the organization after graduation. Our interns are pivotal in shaping the future of RMI.
Our interns work on a wide variety of projects, which are ever-changing as we continue to grow! You can read more about our work here on our website.
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking candidates for an IT intern. We are currently looking to fill a position that will automate processes internal to Rocky Mountain Institute’s IT team using tools provided in Office 365 including SharePoint and PowerAutomate. The successfully candidate will automate the business process with the support of the IT team culminating with a lunch and learn presentation for all-staff.
- Automate an IT business process using Office 365 tools.
- Choose a process to be automated from a list of processes needing automation.
- Identify and gather requirements from stakeholders.
- Document requirements
- Identify the appropriate tools to use for automation.
- Optimize the solution for maintainability and easy upgrades.
- Document the solution and handle knowledge transfer to IT staff.
- Prepare a presentation to RMI staff discussing the project.
- Experience with Office 365 tools, including PowerAutomate, PowerApps, and automation within Office 365, and an interest to apply these skills to business situations.
- Experience with gathering and documenting requirements for business processes.
- Experience turning business requirements into automated processes.
- Experience documenting automated solutions for knowledge transfer purposes.
- Experience with SharePoint including lists and document libraries.
- PowerShell experience is nice to have.
- Experience with building out SharePoint intranet site pages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels, often under pressure, remaining positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient, and managing multiple demands.
- Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy.
- Proficiency in Office 365 tools, including Flows, PowerApps, and automation within Office 365.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
Interns will either be asked to work in the same office as their immediate supervisor if conditions are agreed to be safe by all parties or the internship will otherwise be offered remotely – details to be determined as more is known about the COVID-19 global pandemic. All our U.S.-based internships were successfully conducted remotely in Summer 2020.
Office locations: Boulder or Basalt, Colorado
Each intern will be provided a stipend of $18.00 per hour (or equal to, dependent on academic funding participation).
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Be sure to answer why you are considering RMI for an internship in this document.
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
Rocky Mountain Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Rocky Mountain Institute
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 260 works relentlessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $70 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.