Job Title: Global Head of HR
Department: HR & Administration
Reports to: Chief Talent Officer
Position Status: Full-time
Position Location: US, Boston Metro Area or Remote
About Root Capital:
Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people, sustain peace, and preserve vulnerable ecosystems. Root Capital supplies these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training, and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others do not; to date, we have loaned more than $1.5 billion to improve the lives of over six million people in farming communities.
With the support of the Chief Talent Officer and HR team, the Global Head of HR is responsible for leading and executing the global human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. Specifically, the Global Head of HR will lead on developing and implementing enhanced or revised policies and practices related to compensation, performance/talent management, and training and development. The Global Head of HR will be responsible for improving outcomes to ensure that the HR function offers equitable, transparent, and inclusive systems and practices to support an engaged and high–performing staff.
1. Department Management: Develop, implement, and maintain an innovative strategy for the HR department in support of Root Capital’s global strategy and overseeing and working with a multicultural team to ensure the effective and efficient function of the HR department.
2. Compensation: Develop, implement, and maintain compensation and/or remuneration policies and processes that are clear and equitable and promote staff engagement and retention, and execute and lead all compensation work streams with precision and efficiency.
3. Performance/Talent Management: Develop, implement, and maintain a performance management process that measures employee contributions to organizational goals, role- and department-specific skill sets, and behavioral competencies, and that informs remuneration decisions in line with Root Capital’s remuneration policies; develop comprehensive recruiting and retention plans to meet Root Capital’s strategic goals.
4. Training and Development: Develop, implement, and maintain an ongoing Root Capital training platform/program for all staff, with department-specific opportunities/customizations as agreed with department heads based on gap analysis/skills assessments; the training platform/program shall ensure that professional development opportunities foster and further organizational success and integrates with Root Capital’s performance/talent management system(s).
5. Other Relevant Duties as Assigned
Skills and Experience:
1. At least seven years of professional HR experience as a HR Business Partner.
2. Experience in talent management/training and talent development is helpful.
3. Spanish fluency required.
4. SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification is preferred.
5. Systems-minded orientation with excellent organizational and project management skills, including attention to detail.
6. Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, and an ability to connect across countries and cultures.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Knowledge of and experience with some of the following systems is preferred: Salesforce.com, Box.com, BambooHR, Replicon, Paychex, and Microsoft Office Suite.
9. Commitment to Root Capital’s mission.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Root Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding and expressing breast milk), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Root Capital is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that upholds our leadership principles of accountability, empowerment, equity, integrity, service, and transparency.
To apply, please visit: https://rootcapital.org/careers/