We are seeking a Project Associate to join our research and consulting team serving national and international clients in Jewish education, nonprofits, and philanthropy. The Project Associate supports our work by gathering qualitative and quantitative data, contributing to data analysis and development of client-facing deliverables, and managing projects.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position preferably based in our Berkeley office (we will consider qualified remote candidates) primarily during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as paid holidays, vacation leave, sick time, 401(k) employer match, and other benefits.
This position is open immediately and until filled. We are currently looking to make two hires for this position.
Wage Range: $28.85 – $31.25 hourly wage, depending on experience.
What You Will Do:
As an integral member of our project teams, your work will include:
- Contributing to the development of data gathering instruments, such as surveys, interview/focus group protocols, and site visit/observation protocols.
- Collecting qualitative data and quantitative data; managing data collection activities via surveys, focus groups, and other methods; and ensuring accuracy and confidentiality of data.
- Conducting preliminary analyses of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Helping to translate data into easily digestible, client-focused materials, including reports, memoranda, and presentations.
- Serving as project manager, setting meeting agendas, managing internal and external communication, scheduling internal and client-facing meetings, and monitoring project budget, time and task workflow.
Your work as a Project Associate may also include other projects and internal tasks as needed, such as conducting literature reviews, researching best practices, and helping to improve our growing team through various team projects and activities.
Who You Are:
This is a great job for you if you share our team’s core values of Teamwork, Integrity and Problem Solving and share a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You are a researcher—you have work experience or a degree in social science, education research, statistics, evaluation, management, or similar (graduate degree or relevant course work, preferred). You have experience analyzing data using the relevant software (e.g., SPSS/R/Python and NVivo). You have knowledge of and/or experience in fields of Jewish education, Jewish communal organizations, or philanthropy.
You are an excellent communicator (in speech and in writing) and a team player, ready to contribute to creating a dynamic team experience. You are a strong project manager– partnering with your teams using software and systems to help keep a variety of projects on track, on time, and on budget. You will work in a multicultural fast-moving environment, juggling competing priorities and deadlines with efficiency. You have good judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making skills. You are open to giving and receiving feedback and to continuous improvement.
The Team You’ll Join:
For over 13 years, Rosov Consulting has helped foundations, philanthropists, and Jewish communal organizations and educational institutions make well-informed decisions that enhance their impact.
Rosov team members are driven to deliver high quality products to our clients. We are detail oriented and go the extra mile to get it right. We are curious and always learning from our project work, research, and the world around us. We are fun-loving and food-loving—we know that real productivity only happens when we take time to connect, laugh, and learn from each other. Also snacks. We love snacks. And we are team players: we deliver for our teammates, hold ourselves accountable, and step in when we are needed.
At Rosov Consulting, we deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes candidates who identify as Black, Latinx, Asian, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi or Mizrahi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming or gender non-binary people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
Rosov Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, and we seek diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and our clients. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or genetic information. In addition, we affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
For more information about Rosov Consulting and our team, please visit www.rosovconsulting.com.
- Ability to communicate via phone, Zoom, and email.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds.
How to Apply
Please submit your application with your resume and a brief statement of interest summarizing your interest in the position as well as skills and experience related to the Project Associate job.
Our application process includes the following steps:
- Phone Screen with hiring manager
- Formal Interview (via Zoom) with hiring manager and other team members
- Skills Assessment Activity and Debrief with senior team members
- Teamwork and Culture Interview with team members
- Provision of three professional references for reference checks conducted by hiring manager