RSG seeks a talented survey programmer who will work as part of our employee-owned organization. Ideal candidates are excited to collaborate with project teams to design and program online surveys used to collect data and provide high-quality insights to a wide variety of RSG clients.
LOCATIONS – Any RSG Location Nationwide or Remote Office
- Works closely with project leaders to design and develop interactive surveys and websites.
- Completes technical and privacy tasks, as well as set-ups required as part of the data collection processes.
- Plans and manages time effectively to meet project deadlines and builds into timelines expectations for changing specifications.
- Monitors and actively responds to all technical support needs related to surveys throughout project lifecycles.
- Identifies and clearly explains problems, tasks, and procedures. Shares knowledge and experiences with other staff to ensure redundancy is available for optimal performance and business continuity.
- Contributes to process improvements by working on assigned tasks that increase automation, capabilities, efficiency, consistency, skillset, and adhere to security, privacy, and audit requirements, and controls.
- Works closely with the software engineering team to stay informed about internal advancements and actively consumes external information and resources to continuously learn the latest technologies in the data collections field.
- Works as the survey administrator for RSG survey platforms, monitoring performance and providing reports as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or quantitative field
- 3 years of experience
- or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and on a team
- Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines working across several projects simultaneously
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and appropriately consider the big picture when working at a task level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deliver work products consistently with a high degree of accuracy
- Working knowledge of relational databases (e.g., MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with object-oriented languages (e.g., C#, Java)
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Angular, jQuery, Bootstrap, or other front-end frameworks
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with QA methodologies
- Experience with version control (e.g. GitHub)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with survey research, market insights, or quantitative modeling
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- 100% employee-owned company with employee stock ownership plan
- Award-winning culture and workplace flexibility
- Competitive 401(k) with matching, medical with HSA, dental, vision, disability, and other insurance coverage
- Many other unique benefits including holidays, team and full company events, paid volunteer time, fuel-efficient vehicle purchase assistance, transit fare contribution and a first-time homebuyer’s down payment assistance
RSG is not currently accepting H-1B applicants for this position. EEO/AA Employer/ Vet/ Disabled.
- Honor Commitments: ??We make commitments to our clients, collaborators, colleagues, and community and we stick to them. Our commitments are rooted in strong ethics, honesty, and integrity.
- Embrace the Challenge: ??We enjoy and take pride in what we do. We are eager to take on challenges, be innovative, and put in the work required. We continuously strive to learn, share, and develop professionally.
- Play as a Team: We respect the people we work with and enjoy working together in a collaborative, trust-based environment. We value diversity of thought and open communication. We support each other to deliver quality work, and to grow as individuals and as a team.
- Think like an Owner: We constantly look for opportunities to provide more value. We provide a flexible environment to encourage people to explore new directions and to take ownership of their own and RSG’s success.