The Global Health (GH) Division works in infectious diseases – specifically Neglected Tropical Diseases, HIV/AIDS, and Malaria; Heath Systems Strengthening – including Health Governance, Health Finance, Human Resources for Health, Capacity Building, and Health Policy and Advocacy; Public-Private Partnerships; and Maternal-Neonatal-Child Heath and Reproductive Health and Family Planning. We address a range of public health problems to reduce disparities, lower disease burdens, and build locally-owned sustainable health programs in lower and middle income countries.
RTI’s International Development Group is seeking candidates for a Senior Business Development Specialist position! Our international development team designs and implements programs across a wide range of sectors to help low- and middle-income countries and communities address complex problems and improve the lives of their citizens. Global health is a core focus of RTI International’s mission to improve the human condition by turning knowledge into practice and our health programming focuses on the following areas: Health Systems Strengthening, Infectious Diseases, Neglected Tropical Diseases, Non-communicable Diseases, MERLA & Data Systems/ICT.
The Senior Business Development Specialist will provide senior business development and marketing support; including gathering business intelligence, identifying, and developing clients, partners, and contacts, supporting business capture and proposal development, and strategic networking and relationship building. We are looking for a dynamic business development expert with proven success leading, networking, and implementing key business development priorities.
This role would be based in Washington DC or Research Triangle Park offices. Telecommuting would be considered on case-by-case basis. The Sr. BD Specialist will report to the Director of Business Development.
- Lead business development activities for and/or in support of technical divisions within the Global Health Team for work funded by USAID and other key donors and clients.
- Explore business opportunities in key markets, including countries with an already existing RTI presence as well as within new countries. Advise on the selection of new capture markets over time.
- Responsible for identifying, understanding, and developing potential clients, including host governments and private sector actors. Identifying and qualifying key partner organizations and potential staff; and evaluating competitor activities. Responsible for maintaining these relationships and partnerships once created.
- Represent the Global Health Team to donors, private sector companies, foundations, and professional and voluntary associations, identifying synergies and developing partnerships and alliances as appropriate. Present and speak effectively on RTI’s broader institutional capabilities.
- Identify and develop public-private partnerships (PPPs) and cost-share alliances with private sector, foundation, and non-governmental partners.
- Responsible for communicating business development intelligence gathered to technical divisions and field staff in a timely and open manner.
- Participate in broad IDG representation to clients and partners, as required in Washington DC or elsewhere to include active networking through RTI institutional memberships, attendance at work-related events, and promotion of RTI broadly in the international development community.
- Master’s Degree in business administration, communications, international relations, or related field with 3 years of relevant work experience; or bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, international relations, or related field with 5 years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience supporting winning proposals for USAID, DFID, Australian Aid or other key donors in the international development sector required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent an organization to external audiences.
- Experience developing public-private partnerships preferred.
- International field experience in developing countries preferred.
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills with proven experience applied in international context.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce and/or SharePoint preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods as needed.
- Proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Arabic preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The anticipated pay range for this role is between $80,000 – $110,000.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for mothers and fathers, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.