Ruane, Cunniff & Goldfarb LP is an investment management firm in New York best known for managing Sequoia Fund, a mutual fund dating back to 1970. Through multiple market cycles, portfolio managers and generations of leadership, the firm has managed the Fund with a long-term, value-oriented approach. As has always been the case, core to our firm’s strategy is the deep, fundamental research our analysts conduct to identify high-quality yet undervalued businesses with the potential to grow earnings over the long run. The strategy invests exclusively in equities – primarily large-cap domestic companies, with some exposure to developed foreign markets – and runs highly concentrated. The firm also runs several private partnerships that follow philosophically aligned strategies.
The Investor Relations & Business Development team is seeking a bright and motivated intern for the summer of 2020. The intern will gain exposure to and support all aspects of the team’s activities, including business development, client service and internal reporting. Applicants should have a rudimentary understanding of the investment management industry they’d like to develop through direct work experience, as well as an interest in relationship building and client service.
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s investment philosophy, strategies, and offerings
- Conduct research on prospective investors
- Create an investment case study to be used as a marketing tool
- Assist with updates to firmwide marketing materials, digital content library, and internal data tracking
- Ad hoc projects
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be a rising senior with a strong record of academic success
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to manage time efficiently and work on multiple projects at once
- Creativity and a proactive approach
- Humility, a willingness to learn, and a flexible mindset