Running Wild Press Internship
Running Wild, LLC has three components.
- Running Wild Press publishes great stories with great writing that don’t fit neatly in a box.
- RIZE which publishes great genre stories written by people of color.
- Running Wild, LLC which takes these fantastic stories and positions them to become franchises across platforms because fans want their favorite stories no matter where they are.
Running Wild has already been acknowledged with two best of 2019 books, two best of 2020, multiple starred reviews, multiple fantastic reviews, and high view rates on social media.
Why We Want You:
Running Wild is quickly expanding and we want YOU to help us drive all of these fantastic activities to get our stories into the hands of raving fans.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll also lead the marketing and publicity campaign for our up-and-coming title which includes:
— the development of the positioning and product descriptions. These are critical because it defines how our fans view the stories
the development and distribution of press releases
— the development and implementation of online publicity and marketing campaigns
— working with the author to identify additional means of publicity and marketing
— the distribution of books to reviewers including The New York Times, The LA Times, and Publishers Weekly
— the distribution of marketing and publicity materials to appropriate parties
– attend our weekly team session in which we brainstorm what we’re doing well and how we can improve
How Much Time Does this Take?
Approximately 20 hours a week
What Will You Get from It?
- Fantastic experience in indie publishing
- True real world experience in marketing and publicity
- Real world experience in product development and implementation
- References from our CEO
About Running Wild Press
Running Wild Press publishes great stories with great writing that don’t fit neatly in a box. Our imprint, RIZE, publishes great genre stories written by people of color. We’ve won two best of 2019’s by Kirkus Reviews, several starred reviews, multiple stellar reviews, and a best of July 2020.
The jobs and internships we offer are around marketing, publicity, and operations roles related to the creation, distribution, and awareness of our stories. We also hire concept editors on a contract basis. All of our roles are virtual.