The Center On Rural Innovation is a nonprofit action tank advancing economic prosperity in rural America through the creation of inclusive digital economy ecosystems that support scalable entrepreneurship and tech job creation. We are seeking a creative community builder that is looking to join a fast-growing team committed to expanding access to economic opportunity for people living in rural America.
Guided by a strong belief in rural ingenuity and small-town potential, CORI and its sister organization, Rural Innovation Strategies, Inc. (RISI), provide strategic support to rural communities wanting to develop inclusive, resilient digital ecosystems. Our systems approach to digital economy ecosystems involves building a nationwide network of local economic change agents; increasing the digital workforce and access to digital jobs both local to rural areas and remote; using mapping and data to highlight rural opportunities; making direct investments in underserved rural entrepreneurs; and closing the digital divide so all Americans can participate in the 21st century digital economy.
CORI’s core program is the Rural Innovation Network (RIN). From Independence, Oregon to Wilson, NC, Network members are proving there is no limit to where digital economy jobs and scalable entrepreneurship can take place. Today, this diverse and driven network of rural community leaders are focused on educating and training local residents in digital skills (especially those traditionally excluded from the tech industry), employing them in new economy jobs, and empowering them to launch startups that will drive a prosperous 21st-century economy. CORI supports the economic development of these communities by creating a vibrant virtual network where ideas and best practices can be shared; access to economic expertise, data and mapping tools; and a nationwide network of resources and content to draw from as they work to advance their digital economy ecosystem strategies.
The Rural Innovation Network Coordinator Will:
- Build a thriving on-line community by working with our communications team to create and curate engaging content–e.g., videos, infographics, articles, posts–on our Mighty Networks platform used by RIN members
- Provide coordination and logistical support to our multidisciplinary RIN team of subject matter experts to elevate the value that they are able to provide to our members
- Organize and support virtual events and–when it’s safe– in-person events for RIN members
- Interview RIN members and building systems to support data collection related their programming
- Use RIN leaders’ understanding of the needs and challenges faced by rural tech workers, learners, and entrepreneurs–particularly women, BIPOC, and Latinx people– to support content and event planning
- Experience leveraging social media to engage a community or advance a cause
- Ability to experiment with content and use analytics to learn from the community
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience developing and administering surveys
- Experience working with data in Excel or Airtable
- Experience managing projects
- Comfortable working with Zoom and other video conferencing tools (general tech savviness)
- Experience working in teams
Essential job functions and requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This job description is general and may evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different and/or additional duties or responsibilities.
Location: This is a fully remote position but will require travel to our headquarters in Hartland, VT one or more times per year.
- Please make sure your application materials are tailored to showcase your ability to succeed in this specific role.
- Cover letters are required. If you are applying via a platform that does not have a cover letter field, please include one in your resume file, otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- RISI will manage the application and review process using our Workable platform. Please direct all inquiries through this system. We are unable to respond to phone and email inquiries at this time.
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Health, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Employer matched 401k
- We offer competitive compensation. The salary for this position is $45,000 – $55,000, depending on experience.
You’ll enjoy working here if:
- You like strategizing in a converted general store building conference room, over an outdoor beverage, or while grabbing lunch at the new downtown cafe
- You value an entrepreneurial culture that encourages teammates to think boldly, take risks, and learn from experience
- You appreciate an independent work environment that supports diverse work styles and preferences
- You want to be part of collaborative and interested team that finds opportunities to engage each other and have fun (whether in the office or dialing in)
- You like the idea of an open and transparent organization that embraces honest conversations and new ideas
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer—people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. We are interested in your ambitions, personal experiences, great ideas, and passions, and believe that everyone’s unique story and perspective adds value to our organization.