RWR Advisory Group is seeking an intern to assist with research related to the intersection of foreign policy and the global activities of companies.
RWR Advisory Group is a Washington, D.C-based consulting firm that specializes in the risks present at the intersection of global business activity and national security concerns. RWR provides intelligence and analytical support in this area for government agencies and risk management services for private sector clients. RWR has extensive expertise tracking and mapping the ways in which security-related threats are aided directly and indirectly by the operations of corporate entities engaging in seemingly legitimate activities. Our proprietary software tool, IntelTrak, focuses on this area by illuminating the global footprints of Chinese and Russian companies.
The successful candidate can expect the following responsibilities:
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research
- Gathering and organizing data
- Editing and updating publications
- Other tasks as required
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and abilities:
- Prior experience producing research-based analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Coursework on Chinese language, history, politics and/ or familiarity with major themes in contemporary Chinese politics and policy.
- Competence with relevant software, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and QGIS
- Proficiency in Mandarin
- An understanding of international political economy and finance
The intern will have the opportunity of learning more about international security and global business, while also gaining insight into the practical operation of a small, professional research firm in the nation’s capital. The position affords qualified candidates the ability to gain experience in the larger fields of international relations, politics, and economics while improving communication, research, and networking skills.
We are looking for a commitment of at least 16 (and preferably 20) hours per week.
A stipend will be offered, based on the amount of time committed to the internship.