Founded in 2008, Safari Energy is the solar partner of choice for commercial and industrial customers, real estate owners, public sector organizations and solar developers seeking competitive financial solutions for their projects. Headquartered in New York City, Safari Energy has helped customers unlock enormous economic value and drive significant energy savings by developing more than 500 solar projects from New Jersey to Hawaii. In 2018, Safari Energy was acquired by the PPL Corporation, a Fortune 500 utility company (NYSE: PPL). With extensive interdisciplinary expertise, Safari supports the growth of distributed energy resources and PPL Corporation’s focus on advancing a sustainable energy future.
As a member of the Corporate Finance team, the Analyst, Corporate Finance will report to the Chief Financial Officer. They will demonstrate an entrepreneurial passion for renewable energy development opportunities within the commercial sector and the ability to utilize and develop Safari’s financial planning and analysis tools to deliver timely and accurate information to senior management. The ability to work independently and as a team member are critical, as well as the desire and innovative mind set to operate as an important contributor within a fast-paced, early-stage company environment.
- Use the Company’s corporate model to perform financial planning and analysis as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Create forecasts for the Company’s Income Statement, analyze performance against forecasts, and explain why departments did or did not meet their budgets.
- Oversee reporting of Key Performance Indicators to senior management.
- Work with the Company’s IT staff to drive further development of the reporting and FP&A systems.
Near Term Goals and Objectives – Measures of Success
- Quickly come up to speed on the industry and Company value propositions
- Support in developing analyses regarding key industry and Company topics
- Effectively execute the tasks assigned and seek direction/guidance as required
Must be passionate about the renewable energy business, hardworking and thrive in the fast pace of a rapidly growing, early stage company. In addition, the Analyst, Corporate Finance must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience with a developer / investment firm in the renewable energy space or investment banking experience preferably in real estate, infrastructure, power/energy/utilities.
- Familiarity with public company reporting is preferred.
- Collaborative and engaging team member who partners well with others
- Strong team orientation and demonstrated client management skills
- Highly energetic and results-driven, with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Executive presence, outgoing with strong communication and presentation skills
- Builds trust by demonstrating high ethical standards and personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Analytical problem solver who views obstacles as challenges
- Creative thinker who generates new and different ideas
- Self-motivated, self-starter who can work independently when necessary
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
NOTE: Due to the large volume of applicants, only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- visit: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25946&siteid=5361#jobDetails=631083_5361
- Job Req# 6920BR