**SAP is not providing relocation assistance for this position at this time**
**Local candidates preferred**
SAP Concur is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel, expense and invoice management solutions. We imagine the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications, and people, Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. Concur services adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large, so they can focus on what matters most.
SAP Concur has embarked on a journey to re-imagine how business travelers book travel. In an industry that’s becoming increasingly more complex with suppliers launching new differentiated product bundles and rich merchandising offers, we have an opportunity to completely re-think the end-to-end shop and book experience. We are building our next generation Online Booking Tool from the ground up and in new technologies in order to guide the business traveler to make informed decisions while helping companies meet their objectives around policy compliance and budget control. This is a very big and bold investment, and you’ll join a fast moving and entrepreneurial team within SAP Concur building our future Online Booking Tool.
We’re looking for a Software Design Engineer looking for a new challenge. As part of a new Concur Travel team, you’ll help build the next-generation travel-booking experience across our mobile and web apps, ensuring that Concur’s travel tools meet a high standard of usability and design excellence that supports elegant and simple user experiences. You will get your hands dirty the whole way, working with cross vertical teams using a Mobile & Cloud-first approach, along with Design Thinking to ensure Concur’s Reimagined Business Travel experience is the best in the business.
We’re looking for someone as customer-focused and passionate as we are — about travel, about designing great software, and about having a good time doing it. You are organized, positive, creative, and focused on the user at all times. You know when to make decisions and when to ask questions. You’re obsessed with detail and love finding new ways to solve users’ problems. Above all, you love to build terrific products.
Value You Deliver
- Design, development & delivery of new features as part of agile team
- Write services in one or more of GO, Kotlin, Java, and deploy using Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and AMI-based pipelines.
- Mentor junior developers and work in scrum teams by setting positive examples.
- Execute with an enterprise cloud mindset to deliver on security, compliance, and infrastructure initiatives with engineering program management (FedRAMP, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, and more)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a technology related field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) required.
- 1+ years of professional software development experience
- Ability to write clean and scalable code using one or more of Go, Java or Kotlin programming languages.
- DevOps mentality with an understanding of Continuous Delivery and Observability
- Experience with Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and a broad array of AWS primitives such as EC2, AMIs, EKS, Dynamo, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with technical product managers, architects and technical leads.
- Hands-on experience with cloud native solutions is preferred.
- Experience in Travel Technologies a plus
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer.
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- Displays a relentless commitment to win.
- Displays personal & corporate integrity.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering optimal solutions and challenging the status quo. To be successful in this role, you will thrive in an agile environment where teams work together toward a common goal.