Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a member of the Web Platform Enablement team, you will have support responsibilities for enterprise level web applications and the infrastructure for SAS’ external web properties and the corporate intranet. This is a customer facing, operational role, working with a team of highly skilled DevOps-minded System Engineers, with an emphasis on Kubernetes, Cloud and CI/CD. Ideal candidates will a positive attitude, passion for technology, and system design and support skills. Customer focus, good judgment, attention to detail and quality are critical elements to success in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar quantitative field.
- 2 years’ experience supporting an environment essential to the design and deployment of enterprise applications (design, development and integration; systems reporting; and software administration).
- Enterprise level Linux (any distribution) with experience supporting an application environment.
- Experience with containerized applications and deployment, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Docker.
- Experience developing or supporting application infrastructure.
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible, Terraform, Salt, Puppet)
- Experience working with applications in Cloud and SaaS environments.
- Familiarity with CI/CD (Continuous Delivery).
- Familiarity with fundamental cloud, security, networking, and distributed computing environment concepts.
- Working knowledge of Public Cloud Infrastructure (preferable Microsoft Azure) and platform data protection and recovery technologies.
- Location: Cary, NC HQ required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems.
- Strong communication, prioritization, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers and internal customers Demonstrated ability to manage time across multiple projects.
- Ability to participate in an On-call rotation.
- Good documentation skills, ability and desire to create useful system and process documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience with web technology.
- Experience supporting infrastructure.
- Familiarity with a Web Content Management system (i.e., Adobe AEM, WordPress).
- Experience with Apache or NGINX configuration and administration.
- Experience with Python, GO, PowerShell, or other scripting languages.
- Experience with Git, CVS, or other source code management.
- Familiarity with monitoring and configuration.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA, or Bamboo).
- Familiarity with AppDynamics dashboards, Ansible playbooks, and Apigee.
- Familiarity with container technology and registries.
- Familiarity with web search technologies.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.