Location: This position will function 100% remotely.
Dates: This internship will be offered February through May 2021 with flexible start and end dates. Please submit all application materials by 5 P.M. on Thursday, February 11.
Overview of position: Create new identification cards for Save The Bay’s Exploration Center and Aquarium specimen collection. This signage will be displayed at our center that over 35,000 people visit annually. Each species will be represented with fun, accurate, conservation-based information.
- Work with a small team of volunteers/interns via Zoom or Google Meet
- Meet regularly with staff supervisors virtually
- Work independently on personal computer
- Create ID cards for our entire collection and prospective collection. Save The Bay will provide working template for the ID cards, scientific and common names of species and specific guidelines on information required.
- Fact check your team members’ work
What you will learn:
- Marine biology of Narragansett Bay
- Interpretive writing skills
- The ability to craft messages that engage, educate, and appeal to a wide range of people.
- Collaboration in a remote, team-based environment.
What we require:
- Undergraduate Marine Biology student (junior or senior) or Graduate student in related field
- Passion for marine conservation and education
- Excellent, detail-oriented writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Experience with marine biology research
Details: We offer unpaid internship opportunities. We will gladly work with your university if they offer college credit for unpaid internships.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and a writing sample to email@example.com and fill out our online application at http://bit.ly/2AyihfS (note: link is case sensitive) by 5 P.M. on Thursday, February 11.