Location: Internship will be completed remotely
Dates: This internship is offered for Summer 2021
Overview of position: Are you a detail-oriented, data-driven individual seeking a career in
communications? Are you interested in learning about the behind-the-scenes tasks that keep
a nonprofit communications department effective and efficient?
Save The Bay is seeking a highly motivated intern to remotely support its communications
team in the areas of social media analysis, media monitoring and research, and website
auditing—all of which directly support the organization’s efforts to effectively distribute
mission-based content about protecting and improving Narragansett Bay!
The internship requires a minimum of 15 hours per week. Save The Bay is a non-profit
organization whose mission is to protect and improve Narragansett Bay.
What you will gain:
• Experience analyzing social media content and strategy for effectiveness and
• Experience analyzing social media metrics and making recommendations to improve
reach and engagement
• Experience with behind-the-scenes website content maintenance and development
• Experience building and researching media lists, contacts and community calendars
• Experience developing an understanding of a media landscape and targeted PR efforts
What we require:
• A passion for nonprofit work and the environment
• An interest in data analysis, spreadsheet work, and findings reports
• Superb research, writing, editing and communication skills
• Personal access to a computer and internet
• Familiarity with social media business principles and strategy (Facebook,
Twitter and Instagram)
• Familiarity with WordPress, a plus
• Proficiency in social media campaign analysis
• Creative vision and ability to work independently
• High levels of initiative, curiosity, and attention to detail
Details: We offer unpaid internship opportunities. We will gladly work with your university if
they offer college credit for unpaid internships.