The Coordinator, USPA Finance will provide financial support for Save the Children’s Rural Education Programs, a division within the agency charged with implementing high quality programs and policy work focused on early childhood education and school age programs. Rural Education delivers programs to over 150 sub-grantees funded by numerous grants, contracts, and private contributions. You will be responsible for financial analysis, accounting, and expense allocation guidance and will report to the Director, Finance and Operations, USPA.
Award Management (40%)
- Assist with donor budget proposals
- Support with AMS workflows
- Assist in monitoring grant spend to ensure fair cost allocation and expense projections
- Provide financial data to Award Managers
Financial Reporting and Analysis (30%)
- Prepare financial analysis files by extracting data from the general ledger
- Conduct monthly general ledger analysis for coding accuracy
- Provide coding allocations for national invoices
- Initiate coding reclass transactions in the general ledger
- Provide budget holder support as needed
Sub-award Management (20%)
- Prepare comprehensive sub-award analysis, including spending trends
- Prepare annual sub-grant agreements
- Reconcile sub-award advance and expense accounts
- Support in reviewing quarterly reports as needed
- Create sub-grant analysis codes in Agresso, our accounting system
- Ensure accurate and complete sub-grant files
Other Support (10%)
- Assist with Gift in Kind processing
- Work with team to provide coding guidance to staff for travel, expense reimbursements, invoice payments, and check requests as needed
Work with team to prepare employee timesheet allocation guidance and follow up on incomplete timesheets and necessary revisions as needed
- High School Diploma, plus at least two (2) years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate established policies and guidance with clarity and consistency
- Proven ability to follow policies, practices, and priorities as outlined by supervisor
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on multiple projects and deliverables, often with consecutive or conflicting deadlines, and rapid turnaround requirements
- Professional proficiency in MS Office
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all