Please note: This is a temporary role, expected to last approximately 12-18 months.
The Specialist, Global Finance is responsible for coordinating across different teams to ensure that the general ledger is updated and that procedures are documented and updated to allow for continuity of processes. You will also provide support in the on-going transformation projects geared towards promoting efficiencies in the organization.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
General Accounting (25%)
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to country offices
- Ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
- Maintain reconciliation files, ensure they are prepared properly, and follow up on any unusual items.
- Serve as a backup for the Save the Children International (SCI) data feed monthly process
Standard Operating Procedures (25%)
- Prepare, update, develop and publish operating procedures for the different aspects of Global finance, including processes linked to other teams
Support Transformation Projects (25%)
- Assist in the roll out of transformation projects by compiling metrics, analysis of data and other review activities
- Assist in the coordination of transition activities from project to business as usual
Financial Analysis (25%)
- Identify and process any necessary adjustment as result of award analysis
- Reconcile payments received and, work with larger team to ascertain coding and proper accounting
- Provide technical support on the closeout of summary of funds
- Serve as back up for other donor billing and reporting functions on as needed
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent, plus at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience with accounting systems,
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks and detailed analysis in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and multi-task and meet deadlines with attention to detail and high degree of customer service.
- Proven ability to identify and present solutions to issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels
- Professional proficiency in MS Office suite
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and maintaining and environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Background knowledge of grant/contract compliance and accounting,
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.