About the Organization
School the World works to solve extreme poverty through the power of education. Working in Central America, School the World brings quality education to rural communities and children in need. Additionally, School the World offers a Global Citizenship program where high school and college students, companies and families can travel to Central America and help build a school.
We are looking for a talented research intern interested in gaining hands on experience in an international nonprofit for the Fall 2022 semester.
About the position:
The focus will be working with the Founder & CEO on nonprofit research projects. Research will vary from education, international development, gender issues, fundraising, media outlets and more! You will learn the ins and outs of how a small nonprofit operates and have the opportunity to present your findings at the end of the semester.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Passion for School the World’s mission of solving extreme poverty through education
- Interest in education, global citizenship, service trips, fundraising, and learning about nonprofit operations
- Nonprofit experience preferred, but not required
- Strong written communication and research skills
- Willingness to work with a small, hardworking team that is changing the world
We require a minimum of 10 hours/week throughout the semester, and more if you’d like! We are flexible and will work with you to create a schedule that is accommodating. This is an unpaid position. We are a small office so we greatly value our interns and the contributions they make to our work.
We prefer local candidates who are willing to work in our downtown Boston office 1-3 days per week, but will consider hybrid and fully remote candidates.