Overview: Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (SSCI) is offering co-ops to undergraduate students interested in gaining hands-on experience with algorithm and software development for autonomous unmanned systems. As a co-op with SSCI’s Autonomous Systems group, you’ll work alongside full-time SSCI staff to develop and test Collaborative Mission Autonomy algorithms and software for teams of large-scale autonomous vehicles across multiple domains (sea, land, air, and space), and contribute in ways that matter – previous Autonomous Systems co-ops have and written portions of the software flown in the CODE Phase 2 Flight Tests, while others have seen their work featured in program kick-off meetings with the United States Navy. Please note that this position requires U.S Citizenship.
About SSCI: Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (www.ssci.com) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI’s focus is on mission-relevant autonomy solutions. SSCI is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. SSCI’s clients and teaming partners include all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors.
Level: Undergraduates in topics relevant to robotics hardware (Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, etc.) and/or software (Electrical, Computer, and Software Engineering, etc.)
Period: Jan 2022 – June 2022 (Jan – August/October/December also available)
Time: Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Work as part of a team to design, implement, and test autonomy and software systems for embedded unmanned multi-vehicle autonomy
- Contribute to development, integration and test of algorithms and software for unmanned aerial, surface, undersea, and ground systems
- Support presentation of technical results to internal and external customers
- Proficient in one or more programming language (C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- C, C++, C#, and/or Java experience is highly desired
- Robotics software (ROS, MOOS, etc.)
- Algorithm development and optimization
- Large-scale software development