Overview: Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (SSCI) is offering co-ops to undergraduate students interested in gaining real-world experience with cutting-edge autonomy software for use by low earth orbit space systems. As a co-op with SSCI’s Space Systems team, you’ll work alongside full-time SSCI staff to develop and refine the autonomy software powering projects like DARPA’s like DARPA’s Blackjack program and the Space Defense Agency’s POET testbed. Please note that this position requires U.S Citizenship.
About SSCI: Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (www.ssci.com) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI’s focus is on mission-relevant autonomy solutions. SSCI is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. SSCI’s clients and teaming partners include all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors.
Level: Undergraduates in Computer Science/Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, and etc.
Period: Jan 2022 – June 2022 (Jan – August/October/December also available)
Time: Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Contribute to the research, development, and simulation of develop autonomy software for low earth orbit vehicles
- Support testing, data collection, and simulation efforts
- Proficiency with C++ and/or Python
- Familiarity with algorithms and data structures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- Embedded software experience
- Modeling and Simulation
- Experience working with CubeSats and/or other space systems
- Familiarity with relational databases, networking, distributed systems, control theory, GNC, and/or ROS