Scientist.com is the world’s largest AI-powered marketplace for medical research.
Our Professional Services team takes innovative approaches to collaborate with clients to enhance procurement and compliance driven workflows. We support internal teams with their project initiatives and address any platform related questions. The IT Team works with and supports internal users troubleshoot technology-related problems, as well as administration of all company hardware, software and systems.
The ideal candidate for this position is interested in computers and technology, enjoys helping others and is detail oriented and a resourceful problem solver. This is a paid internship focusing on enabling the intern to advance their professional preparation through real-life work experience. This is a remote position and the candidate must reside in the upper East Coast.
What you’ll be doing…
- Troubleshoot and assist internal users primarily based in the East Coast USA and Europe regarding the Scientist.com platform and computer hardware/software
- Translate business requirements to technical specifications and review change requests
- Complete capstone project to simplify and standardize configurations
Qualifications you need…
- This is an entry-level position, all work experience is welcome; high school diploma/GED minimum
- Technologically savvy with an eagerness to learn new technology and practice
- Available for morning shifts to support East Coast and European colleagues
- You care genuinely about support, solving problems, and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric business successful
- Accuracy, dependability and ability to work in a fast-paced
- Solid writing, editing, and communications skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent team and collaboration skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and execute multiple projects concurrently
Nice to haves…
- University degree in a STEM field (or equivalent work experience)
- Business/Systems Analyst Experience
Details & Perks…
- Part-time, hourly rate position; ideally staying on (with less hours as needed) when school resumes in the Fall.
- Possibility of moving to full-time salary position as determined by meeting performance goals and team work after graduation.
- Pay Rate: $18/hour
- Hours: 20-30 hours per week; Monday-Friday during the summer
- Start: May 31, 2020 (flexible)
- Remote position; Upper East Coast – work from home
This is a remote position and the candidate must reside in the upper East Coast.