Scintica Instrumentation Inc. provides advanced instrumentation to scientists across North America and around the world, allowing them to conduct leading edge preclinical research. Products include Imaging systems such as Ultrasound, MRI, PET, CT, Optical and Laser Speckle, as well as other preclinical systems to measure Blood Flow, Tissue Oxygenation and much more.
We are looking for an Applications Specialist to perform Pre-Sales demonstrations at designated sites (primarily USA) as well as training sessions for Customers who purchase this equipment. This position will require a diverse group of skills in Applied Science, excellent communication skills and a willingness to travel. Specific product training will be provided but previous mouse cardiac ultrasound imaging experience is a key requirement.
The broad range of knowledge required for this position provides tremendous opportunity for career growth as a key member of the Scintica team. Some of the responsibilities for this position include:
– Performing high quality demonstrations for prospective customers on cardiac and cancer preclinical models, for research scientists using the following products:
- Ultrasound Imaging
- Blood Flow and Tissue Oxygenation measurement
- Laser Speckle Imaging
- Others as required
– Providing Training and post-installation application support for the Scintica Family of products, either at the customer site, via video-conference or at centralized training facilities;
– Conduct high level presentation of the instruments and their capabilities to potential customers
– Assist in evaluating and testing new products and providing marketing material
– Complete demo and training reports
– Support international distributors when required
– Participate in trade shows, conferences and workshops as required.
– Support the marketing team with applications content as appropriate
– Past experience in cardiac small animal ultrasound imaging
– Excellent knowledge in mouse anatomy and physiology
– Knowledge in oncology, cardiology and neurobiology would be an asset
– Experience with small animal practices and techniques – Animal Care and Handling, including Anesthesia
– Experience in medical software and knowledge in imaging applications is an asset
– Good computer skills
– Current valid driving license and passport
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Additional language skills are an asset;
- Scientific interest
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to travel up to 80% of working time as required.
- Ability to prepare high quality and reliable deliverables while working quickly, calmly and effectively under pressure from time constraints and deadlines;
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Ability to mentor less experienced peers;
- Attention to detail;
- Positive professional attitude, wanting to learn from new and challenging opportunities.