As the largest private sports club in New England, Seacoast United Sports Club and their most recent endeavor is a whole new branch of the company, SUPlus, which is creating an accessible, enriching and entertaining all inclusive Digital platform for players, coaches, parents and recruiters alike. We are currently in the startup phase of the project but will be launching to market on April 1st, 2021 and will be needing someone who is looking to apply custom website design building skills.
Here are the outstanding items that we have to complete:
- Ability to instantly filter down entries based on a group of filters a user has selected. These category filters are based on selections made through custom fields (Advanced Custom Fields Pro) for each entry.
- Ability for a user to bookmark entries. They entries get added to a Bookmarks page unique to their user account.
- Ability for a user to “Complete” entries (basically the user checks “completed” and it adds it to a library of completed items similar to bookmarking, but will need the ability to show the progress made based on what videos are “Completed”. Think 10 out of 400 videos completed, with a visual of a progress bar that represents that.
- We are wanting to use MemberPress to handle the membership and affiliation programs. This will need to be entirely hooked up. and implemented. MemberPress experience a PLUS!
Things to know:
- This is a custom theme
- The branding could change, so experience of styling and front-end required. Having a “Design-eye” a plus!
- This is an evolving project and things may change as it continues to build out.
- We are looking for someone that would like to work on-going, grow with us and attend a weekly standup.
- Technology used currently:
- Advanced Custom Fields Pro
- Yoast Plugin (free version)
- Bootstrap Framework
- Google Fonts
- WPEngine for hosting (Staging + Production Environments)
- Videos are being embed by a YouTube ID that gets inputted into each entry.
- MemberPress to handle membership & affiliation program
Performing these types of activities will be the main responsibilities of the role, with job time specific and deliverable specific objectives to be set depending on intern’s availability and experience. The intern should come into this position expecting to learn by doing and to develop and refine existing skills through application in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Optimally, the intern should be pursing or have recently graduated from a technology or computer science focused major and have the ability to work with our team both remotely through digital mediums and travel to the sporting facilities of Seacoast United when necessary.
The timeframe for this internship is somewhat flexible and could take place for a minimum of 12 weeks between the April 1st and August 31st with potential for further commitment.