SEAF is a global private equity impact firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., that invests in small and medium-sized enterprises in emerging and frontier markets. SEAF also supports eleven Centers for Entrepreneurship and Development (CEED) around the world, providing training, mentoring, professional networks, and global access to entrepreneur-run businesses.
SEAF is looking for a professional, creative, and thought-provoking intern to work directly with the co-Founder and co-CEO Bert van der Vaart. Within this role, the intern will have a key role in helping to developing SEAF’s post investment strategy for value addition. This internship is unpaid, however, SEAF is willing to work with students seeking to obtain course credit. If you would like to pursue this option, please speak with your academic advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Research business strategies for SMEs applicable for SEAF’s portfolio companies across SEAF’s geographies of operation, and develop with Bert a practical guide to how such strategies could be implemented post investment
· Research into potential investment candidates, and work on 100-day plans for improving their performance after investment
· Assist with other ad hoc tasks as requested by the co-CEO
· Committed to SEAF’s mission of creating entrepreneurial ecosystems in emerging and frontier markets
· Entrepreneurial work style, ability to work independently, think creatively, and identify resources to get the job done
· Business consulting experience useful but not essential
· Strong research and writing skills and ability to synthesis large amounts of data into a clear and concise manor
· Currently enrolled in an MBA program, or a senior currently pursuing a 4-year degree