The impact intern will help SEAF in its global impact management activities. The intern will help SEAF Headquarters gather impact data from its local offices across four continents and assist in the development of impact measurement and management plans for investee companies. The role also entails conducting research on social and environmental best practices for companies. The impact intern will also assist as needed, with communications materials creating relevant profiles or case studies. This role is intended for someone with a specific interest in impact investing, particularly impact management, and the person will be actively involved in our operations. We are looking for someone eager to dive deep into the space and take advantage of the many learning opportunities available through this internship with SEAF.
This internship is unpaid, however, it is optional that students may receive course credit. Students seeking this option should inquire with their academic advisor. Our team will gladly work with you and your advisor on achieving desired learning outcomes and completing the necessary paperwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design and improvement of SEAF’s impact data collection and management process
- Support SEAF in collecting and synthesizing impact data from investee companies
- Support SEAF in researching best practices in evolving social and environmental impact frameworks
- Committed to SEAF’s mission of creating entrepreneurial ecosystems in emerging and frontier markets and a genuine interest in impact management and measurement
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills capable of synthesizing large amounts of information in a clear and concise manner
- Competency with data management and visualization in Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Experience using Salesforce is a plus
- Pursuing Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Finance, International Development or related field