Fall Finance & Operations Associate
Fully remote within the US
Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and headquartered in New York City. Learn more at Sealed.com.
What will you do?
As a Fall Finance & Operations Associate, you will work closely with the finance team to interpret home energy usage data, help organize our systems for billing customers, and more.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing and filing customer utility bills, and inputting scraped data into spreadsheets
- Generating Sealed customer bills in Adobe Illustrator
- Communicating with energy utility companies by phone and email
- Sorting, organizing, and tracking customer bills within our billing system
- Supporting the finance team with other ad hoc projects
What success looks like
- Sealed’s customers are billed accurately and on time
- Edge cases are escalated to the Energy Billing Analyst for discussion and resolution
- Customer bills are properly generated and reviewed for issues, and cosmetic issues and manual bill updates are made before sending to customers
- Customer files are neatly maintained with current utility and Sealed bills
- Customer utility bills are paid before their due dates
- Able to work at least 20 hours per week, including:
- Friday/Monday (timing flexible) & Tuesday (morning) – 12 hours total
- Wednesday (afternoon) – 3 hours
- Thursday/Friday (timing flexible) – 5 hours
Compensation & Benefits
- Flexible work environment: work remotely from anywhere within the US