The Programs Unit at Search for Common Ground (Search) is seeking two interns for the Fall 2021 to provide support to the organization’s ongoing improvements in grants management tools, compliance, project planning, and project performance indicators. This intern will work with the Senior Vice President of Programs, and interact with various programs and grants management staff across Search’s four regions in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The interns will also support on other initiatives championed by the Senior Vice President of Programs, including an internally-facing Impact Summit. This internship supports Search’s strategic transformation in line with the organization’s 10-year strategy, which aims to enable the organization to operate efficiently as it pivots towards expansion.
- Assist the Senior VP Programs to improve grants management and compliance tools and capacities;
- Assist the Senior VP in organizing and supporting meetings and workshops to improve grants management tools and capacities;
- Prepare notes from meetings and support the revision of tools, incorporating input from various staff members; and
- Other responsibilities include supporting the Senior VP Programs’ role in strategic transformation and organizational change, including championing an internally-facing Impact Summit
- Current student or recent graduate with a degree in International Relations, Conflict Studies, Development, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, or a related area;
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel utilization, Google suite, Internet Search Engines).
- Experience in using project management tools; and
- Interest & experience in creating templates, smart forms, and visualizing workflows and processes.
The ideal candidate will further exhibit:
- Experience in supporting the implementation of projects, preferably with institutional (bilateral or multilateral) funding mechanisms;
- Understanding the importance of compliance in the project management cycle;
- A self-starting, enthusiastic, and flexible approach to the organization and the position;
- Ability to learn new ideas and distill accessible summaries from complex information;
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines; and
- French language is an advantage
Salary: This is an unpaid internship.
Location: This internship will be done remotely. Thus, applicants can be based anywhere in the world, provided he/she is able to coordinate with DC-based Senior VP
Start date and Duration: The successful candidate will be available for a minimum of 12 weeks with a preference for candidates who can commit to 16 weeks.
Time commitment: Between 24 and 32 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. Note: There will be two programs and grants management interns working collaboratively.
The deadline for submission of applications is August 10, 2021
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.