Analytics and Data Engineer
Location: US Remote / Canada Remote
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience.
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for coding engineers with analytics, data science and/or big data expertise to advance the state-of-the-art in Cloud Security, developing innovative solutions from research to production on large data sets. We need people that can analyze cyber security problems, prototype analytics with data and research tools and then create analytics modules to detect new types of threat activity. In the cyber security industry, we face a constantly changing situation with threat actors constantly trying new evasions and an IT industry constantly creating new opportunities for exploitation. You will work on the next generation Secureworks Taegis platform, highly ranked by Forrester and other analysts, demonstrating the power that analytics and data science can bring to cyber security.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable giving technical presentations and be able to discuss both theoretical and practical specifics of analytic methodologies. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a distributed, startup-like, collaborative team of product managers, software engineers, and security researchers.
What you will achieve
You will be part of a team that innovates and collaborates with internal stakeholders to deliver world-class solutions with a customer first mentality. This group is passionate about helping the world with better cyber security and is motivated to apply advanced analytics techniques to identify adversaries.
· Build prototypes and scalable analytics/AI/ML solutions that will be integrated into software products
· Assess and explain the precision and applicability of your analytics and models.
· Collaborate closely with software engineers to productize your prototypes and deploy them in secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant solutions across a distributed architecture.
· Dive deep into data to understand what threat activity looks like, understand key features, classify activity and assess effectiveness.
Here is what we are looking for with this role:
· 5+ years in a related role with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics or similar field.
· Excellent coding skills in Go, Java, SQL, Python and/or Scala
· Some knowledge of Machine Learning with practical and theoretical knowledge especially with classification and feature selection.
· Ability to transfer business questions into quantitative problem statements
· Able to give presentations to explain work and educate others
· A desire to constantly learn as the field evolves.
· Computer security domain knowledge or interest in hacking.
· Advanced degree or equivalent in CS, ML or related technical field.
· 3+ years developing and deploying machine learning solutions in a production environment.
· Experience with Amazon AWS, Azure, Google GCP, or similar cloud provider.
· Experience developing end-to-end solutions on analysis platforms like Flink or Spark.
· Experience with a machine learning library, such as scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, Caffe/2, Keras, Pytorch/Torch, MxNet, etc.