Seeding Labs is a Boston-based nonprofit that is empowering every scientist to change the world. We connect resources that are critical but often out of economic or geographic reach to scientists in developing countries.
Through our flagship Instrumental Access program, Seeding Labs has provided more than $39 million in reclaimed laboratory equipment to 92 institutions in 36 countries. Our TeleScience site, a free platform for scientists to share lab tips, tricks, and hacks, shares knowledge across the global scientific community. Videos on the platform have been viewed by students and scientists in 131 countries.
Our work is possible through partnerships with 180+ companies in the life sciences sector that encourage equipment donation to, financial investment in, and employee engagement with our work. Together, we’re building a global community of innovators and champions of science.
Seeding Labs offers part-time internships through a collaboration with the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center (MLSC) Internship Challenge Program. We are looking to fill our Logistics Intern positions during the 2021-22 IC Program Year. Our interns typically work up to 20 hours/week for up to 5 months.
You can learn more about the MLSC internship program and begin your registration process here: http://www.masslifesciences.com/programs/internship/
This is a remote internship opportunity. We especially welcome candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, national, or international experiences and perspectives to our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US.
- This position will work closely with the leadership of the organization, reporting to the Scientific Director
- You’ll perform duties related to inventory control and valuation, data management, and record-keeping that will contribute to the success of our Instrumental Access program, supporting our international shipments of research equipment and supplies to developing countries
- You’ll learn about inventory management, asset valuation, quality control, and international shipment logistics with a focus on life sciences.
- Seeding Labs selects candidates who are registered in the MLSC student database. To register with MLSC, complete their Internship Challenge application on their website.
- After you are registered in the MLSC student database, please send your resume and availability to be considered to email@example.com. Include in the subject heading “Logistics Intern”