Start Your Career
If you have a great work effort and attitude, have a entrepreneurial and sales mindset and you are an undergraduate or a professional a few years out of college, we want you to explore our Business Development Consultant (BDC) Position.
As a business development consultant, you’ll use and develop your sales, analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management and leadership skills from day one. You’ll begin as a business development consultant and be placed in the middle of the action, as you work collaboratively with some of the best consultants in the business. You are the engine driving the growth at Sellside Group and will get hands on experience working with the clients you bring into the company.
What You’ll be doing
Every day is a different challenge, here’s a sample of what you can expect to experience and accomplish:
- Prospect and qualify new sales leads
- Schedule meetings and presentations with prospects
- Create, plan, and deliver presentations on Sellside Groups products and services
- Track all sales activities in and keep current by updating account information regularly
- Communicate customer and prospect product and service pain points to appropriate departments
- Maintain a well-developed pipeline of prospects
- Develop strong, ongoing relationships with prospects and customers
- Meet and/or exceed quotas
- Coordinate with other team members and departments to optimize the sales effort
- Work on a case team with other consultants, owning a particular aspect of the projects that you bring into Sellside Group
- Gather information sources, interpret the data, executing analysis, and share findings to your case team members and clients.
- Interview clients’ customers, competitors, suppliers and employers—This research will guide the foundation of the case team’s strategic recommendations
- After accumulating appropriate experience, take responsibility for supervising more junior BDCs
This is a straight commission position to start off with. As you are successful in bringing in clients the compensation will switch to salary plus commission/bonus.